The Horse Brain and Behaviour Webinar: Part 1
During this 2 hour webinar Amanda will be looking at:
- The key differences between a horse and a human brain
- The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- Neurotransmitters and hormones released by the nervous system and their relevance
- The importance of giving the horse time to learn
- How to work to encourage curiosity
Based on the work of Dr Steve Peters, the focus of this webinar will be on practical application and how this information can make a positive difference to you and your horse – immediately. The participants on previous webinars have found this information to be transformational to the way they are working with horses.
This webinar is a detailed, interactive presentation giving a clear and structured explanation of what we know about the horse’s brain in relation our training and his learning. Some is taken from Amanda’s postgraduate studies and much is based on the research of Dr Steve Peters who wrote the book “Evidence-Based Horsemanship”. Throughout the talk participants are welcome to ask questions and take part in quizzes.