EQUICULTURE talk with Stuart and Jane Myers – 22 June
EQUICULTURE talk with Stuart and Jane Myers MSc (Equine) (international speakers on the subject of Sustainable Horse Keeping).
THE TALK: This talk is for all levels of horse owners. Including owners that keep their horse/s on their own land and at livery. It is about how you can make small or large changes in horse management that both improve your horse’s ‘lifestyle’ and in turn, your lifestyle. A true win-win situation.
These are JUST SOME of the things you will learn about:
• The differences between the free-living (wild/feral) equine ‘lifestyle’ and the domestic equine ‘lifestyle’.
• Domestic grazing behaviour and how it affects equine management.
• The essential things that you need to know about pasture and grasses.
• All about MUD MANAGEMENT.
• How to become a desirable land manager/custodian (and therefore be more likely to be considered for leasing land or improve your chances of getting any potential development plans passed).
• Essential information about equines and obesity.
• How you can make changes to your horse management regime that will improve welfare, reduce costs, reduce your workload AND be good for the land all at the same time.
• All about THE EQUICENTRAL SYSTEM (a horse welfare/good environmental management horse and land care system that is a win-win all round).
• And lots more…
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: Light refreshments and BBQ meal are provided. You may want to bring a notepad and pen. Our books are available for sale on the day, so if you prefer to just listen you might prefer to buy a book instead (but you certainly will not be pressured into buying books). Check out this page www.equiculture.net/the-equicentral-system-books if you are thinking of buying so that you get an idea of how much money to bring. We do take credit cards/PayPal on the day but it is dependent on us having a good signal at the venue.
TIMES: Starts 4pm prompt (registration from 3.30am), finishes at 9pm approx.